LEFT JOIN malfunctions with partial ISNULL index
|User & Date:||mrigger 2019-11-30 17:51:24|
- foundin changed to: "3.30.0"
Consider the following test case: <pre> CREATE TABLE t0(c0); CREATE TABLE t1(c0); CREATE INDEX i0 ON t0(1) WHERE c0 ISNULL; INSERT INTO t0(c0) VALUES (1); INSERT INTO t1(c0) VALUES (1); SELECT * FROM t1 LEFT JOIN t0 WHERE t0.c0 ISNULL; -- unexpected: row is fetched </pre> Unexpectedly, a row is fetched. It is not fetched when the index is omitted and the following statement indicates that t0.c0 ISNULL should evaluate to false: <pre> SELECT t0.c0 ISNULL FROM t1 LEFT JOIN t0; -- 0 </pre>
- login: "mrigger"
- mimetype: "text/x-fossil-wiki"
- severity changed to: "Critical"
- status changed to: "Open"
- title changed to: "LEFT JOIN malfunctions with partial ISNULL index"
- type changed to: "Code_Defect"